Friday, August 10, 2007

Thought for the Day

Two years ago, I bought one of my first Beth Moore Bible studies to work through alone. It is called Believing God. I really enjoyed it, but had no idea how much more meaning it would have for me years later. I did her study of Daniel through our church women's Bible study group, but have been looking for a few months for something new to start on my own. I bought something the other day and tried to start it, but just couldn't get into it. So, I thought I would get out Believing God again, really just for grins to see what I was thinking about two years ago! After looking through some of it, I decided to do the study again and it has been GREAT! I think it is even better this second time around. It's really interesting to read things I wrote and to be reminded of a different time in my life. I will notice something I have underlined or really adamantly highlighted in some way, and wonder why it was so important at the time as it is not right now. The same is true for new verses or comments that obviously didn't stand out then but definitely do now. So, here is a comment from Beth that stood out to me both then and now. It is based on the faith principle in Matthew 9:29, "According to your faith will it be done to you."

"Deciding to believe God's Word over our circumstances can be a tremendous exercise of the will at times. I'll just go ahead and say it: the great adventure of faith is not for the languid, but if He can raise the dead, He can surely enliven the spiritually lazy! We have been called to a present-active-participle walk of faith, not a park 'n' ride."

If you are interested in doing the study, go HERE. You will have to subscribe to the study, I think it is around $20 and then you can just download the printable materials you will need. There is even a tutorial of how it works if you need it.

4 comments:

  1. I posted my reply by accident in the previous post. Thanks again for leaving a note on my blog. It's a really small world. Who was that below who mentioned Roswell (GA?) That's only a few minutes away from where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I did Daniel this past year and can't wait to look back on it sometime in the near future. I'm so anxious to start something like that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great encouragement, Charla. I love Beth Moore studies...they are so deep and accurately interpret God's word. It doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've so been reading your blog for a while, too!
    I really need a good bible study right now so I just might do the one you recommend. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!