Monday, August 27, 2007

You've Been a Bad, Bad Blogger

I know, I know. I am the queen of harping on my friends who don't update their blogs regulary and here I am WAY behind. Honestly, I haven't had much to report. School started today...it was breezy. I couldn't come up with another word but that one. It was probably the easiest first day I've ever had, and yet stressful all at once. For those of you who don't know, the 2A school district I live and work in has dived into Apple's One-to-One initiative. Meaning each student, 6-12 grades, gets his or her own laptop computer to "lease" for the school year and every year until they graduate. Along with this has been a laptop for every teacher and LOTS of technology integrated into our classrooms. We have some really AWESOME stuff, y'all. I mean I can honestly say I never thought this would happen to me while I was teaching. I am honored and so excited to be a part of it. Well, the "roll-out" hasn't gone as everyone had hoped and there have been some minor (and major) glitches in the plan, but nonetheless we stay hopeful. So, my year should be really interesting.

This weekend we were in St. Lawrence, Texas for the wedding of one of my best friends, Aaron Phillips. SL is about 45 minutes East of Midland. It is a tiny German-Catholic farming community and let me tell you...these people know how to throw a party! The whole town showed up for the reception!! We had a great time but were exhausted when we got home Sunday afternoon.

So, nothing more to report I guess. I'm just ready for this weekend...a trip to Uvalde and Montell for the annual Labor Day horseshoe pitch and visiting with friends and family.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to see your first day was breezy because mine was the complete opposite! Just think of 21 5 year olds, not listening, interrupting, hitting, giving the bird, totally ignoring you, and you have a small glimpse into my life! I just keep telling myself, "It can only get better!" It was good to finally "hear" from you again! I was missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back, Charla! I was getting worried that maybe your students had eaten you or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to being a bad blogger! ITs good to have you back! Sounds like you've been very busy!
    Hey I have family in Uvalde!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!