Friday, February 08, 2008

Good Girlfriends

There's nothing like a night out with the girls, just visiting and catching up and even venting a little bit. Last night was Supper Club and we had nine there, I think. I loved getting together and catching up with everyone...two are pregnant since we last met! I laughed and laughed and listened and laughed some more. We had a great meal and thanks to Steph for hosting. We missed everyone that couldn't make it and hopefully we can keep this time of getting together going for a long while.

Here are some quotes, sayings, just truisms about Good Girlfriends. They are from a book my friend Donna gave me for Christmas.

*Girlfriends just know...the combination of shopping, chocolate, and lots of laughter is a guaranteed cure for almost anything!

*A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of Nature. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

*Girlfriends are the prize in the cereal box of life. (this one's my favorite)

*A real friend is not so much someone you feel free to be serious with as someone you feel free to be silly with. -Sydney J. Harris

*Girlfriend motto: If every word I said could make you laugh, I would talk forever.

*Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends. -William Yeats

*A true girlfriend laughs at your stories even when they're not funny.

*The happiest days are spent appreciating the simplest joys with your girlfriends.

*God supplies much of his love through dearest friends.

*Girlfriends have a way of bringing a smile to our face on the bluest of days. -K. Williams

Have any you could or would like to add?

3 comments:

  1. It was a great time! I am so glad we got to catch up. I loved the quotes! My favorite one is...good girlfriends laugh at your jokes even when they're not funny. I know you guys laugh at me even when I'm not funny! Y'all are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that I missed it....Glad you guys had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you got to come and you had a great time. I hope that we can keep it going....have a great weekend....stph

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!