Wednesday, July 09, 2008

12 Years Younger

Have you seen the show "10 Years Younger?"  It's on TLC.  Good show.  Check it out if you haven't seen it.  Apparently C-town has their own version called "12 Years Younger," and it takes place in our local Super Wal-Mart!  


Here's what happened:

I was at the gym today, running on the treadmill, and my ear buds kept falling out of my ears as I got sweatier.  It was so annoying.  The headphones I use are just the ones from Apple that came with my iPod.  They are not comfy, so after my workout, I headed to Wally World to purchase some Marshmallow earphones.  Earlier in the week I bought a two-pack DVD to send to my brother as part of a care package to Turkey.  I wanted to get one for us to watch and then started to check out in the electronics department.

ME:  Can I check out here?

YOUNG CASHIER GUY:  Yep.

ME:  Great

YCG:  (he scans the ear phones and scans the movies and then says...) So, you are over 17 right?

ME:  (I'm laughing at this point, but realize it may not come off as amusement and more like I'm making fun of him or something, so I say...)  Yes, I'm definitely over 17, but thank you so much for asking me.

YCG:  (he's smiling at this point)

ME:  (So, I add...) My husband is 36, so I sure hope I'm at least 17

YCG:  (chuckles, that young, male "Oh crap" kind of laugh under his breath...sounds kind of like this, "Duh-hang")  

ME:  Or he's in big trouble!  

Apparently because of the rating of the movies, he has to ask me about my age.  He's my new favorite person, though, even if his job was in jeopardy if he didn't ask.  

11 comments:

  1. Ummm...darling I hate to be the one to tell you this...but you do look 17......
    which when you are my age, you will appreciate....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH embrace that they asked you! They used to ask me - but not any more. Sometimes I want them to be carded. :-)
    Hang in there on the baby thing - I know exactly how hard it is. I'm praying for you. It WILL happen - have hope!
    And thanks for thinking of me with that hymn - it's my favorite. I cry every time I hear it - it's such a simple little song but those words are so powerful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny, Char! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!!! How are you likin' the marshmellow ear plugs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I got carded to buy beer in CO. How about that? I too laughed and the guy was not amused, but proceeded to double check my ID. WOW - you never know who's gonna make your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, for the days when I was often asked for my hall pass.

    Seems only yesterday, but, alas. . . Long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny!

    I just wanted to thank you for your SO sweet comment that you left about Andrew walking. Thanks for sharing in our joy! I think what you said was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me but I can hardly take credit for Andrew's success, I've just been blessed to be a part of what God has done in his life. I'm so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny!! I can't tell you the last time was I was ID'd!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so funny! i have had it happen to me and i just want to say, "are you kidding!" but man does it make us feel young! for a short while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey - where are you!!?? Missing your blog! Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come by my place and comment on the giveaway post.

    Hello? Are you on another fun vacation????

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!