Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Titus 2 Tuesday

Wow! I just came on to post my second installment of Titus 2 Tuesday and I realized I haven't posted since last Tuesday's entry! I have had some serious stress going on the last week, but things are finally starting to slow a bit. But that bit is enough that I can finally breathe a little easier.

So, today's Titus 2 woman in my life is Janera Cagle, aka My Garden Hat lady. Jan and I have the best story when it comes to how we "met."


The Women's Walk #36 prayer team: Gale, me, Janera, Kim!

See, she started off as one of those "friends" I tell my hubby about. And when he asks me how I know them, I say, "Well, I don't really KNOW them..." at which he begins to zone out and even rolls his eyes slightly. Jan started out as someone I knew strictly through blogging. She found my blog through another somehow and left me a comment one day that said something along the lines of "sounds like we have a lot in common...we both live in West Texas...horses...the country...etc..." And I thought it was sweet, but didn't think much else of it, except to visit My Garden Hat occasionally and catch up and lose myself in her wit and sass! I love it!

Well, this was probably around March or so of last year. So, in June, I attend a Walk to Emmaus in La Mesa, Texas and one day in the chapel, I'm wearing a Texas A&M tshirt and a woman asks me about it and tells me her son is going to school there. Well, there is another woman sitting right next to her who doesn't say much really, and we really don't speak at all before I turn to go.

Fast forward a few days. I'm in a hotel room in Kansas City, Missouri with my mother who is at a convention. I am checking email and I see one about Emmaus, wishing me well in my 4th Day. I open it up, and read it; it is short and sweet, and at the end, it is signed, Janera Cagle. And under that is a web address, www.mygardenhat.blogspot.com. I looked at it for a second, and thought, "I know that from somewhere." And then it all clicked and I was DUMBFOUNDED!

This woman who found me randomly through another's blog and with whom I had connected via the Internet, "just happened" to be on the team for the Walk to Emmaus I was on in June, and we didn't even realize who we were when we were face to face with each other! We even found out that weekend we were both bloggers but never made the connection that I was the "Cowgirl" and she was "My Garden Hat" lady.

Since then, I have had the great honor of getting to know Janera more personally through working a current Walk to Emmaus with her. Her heart is for Jesus and for Him alone. She is the epitomy of a role model on being meek yet strong for God! She is a prayer WARRIOR in every sense of the word and always has the best advice! She puts on no airs and doesn't feign perfection, which makes her that much more real to the people around her. She is also one of the most humble people I know; she absolutely has no idea how great she is! And she is G-R-E-A-T!

I am thankful God has allowed me to get to know Janera better and to grow through her wisdom.

We have so much in common, most of it which I will not share on this blog, but we both know without a doubt, we were put together to meet for a reason.

And for those of you who poke fun at us blogger people, here is a story which wouldn't have been the same without blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Well. First, let me just say that the word verification to leave this post is "scramism" and I have no idea what a scramism is, but it surely does sound like something I should put on my next multiple choice test at school, don't you? And was that a long sentence, or what???

    Oh, sweet girl, you cannot know how much you have embarrassed and blessed me with this post! But, wait! It's not just because you wrote all those nice exaggerations about me, but it's something else. Get a load of this:

    One Sunday, probably 12 years ago or so, I was sitting in church and overheard three little old ladies talking behind me. One had asked another how she was doing, and the lady was answering tearfully that she was just so very lonely since her husband had gone on to be with the Lord. She said she didn't feel useful to anyone anymore and just didn't know why the Lord didn't let her go on, too. The other two ladies kept trying to tell her, "Oh, Honey, you know God still has use for you!" But it wasn't doing much good, apparently, to boost the woman's spirits.

    It was hard for me to be bold, but you know I try to be obedient, so when the Holy Spirit began NAGGING me to look up a scripture and pass it to the lady, I finally relented. I did not know what I was supposed to find, but He showed me a scripture from Titus 2 that I must have seen somewhere but did not easily recall. So, I passed it along to her and wrote that someday I hoped to be like her, to be a witness for the Lord to the younger women in my own life, just as she surely was.

    Now, looky here what I see. You have blessed my toes off, Cowgirl!

    Stop trying to make me cry. Stop it, I say. . . .

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!