Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Facts to Remember

I want so desperately to be the mother who has it all together.  Sadly, I'm NOT!  Ha!  Actually, I don't really want it that badly! 

But, I am so behind on my blogging about the babies.  For example, I am now almost 2 weeks late on taking their 3 month pictures and posting them.  Boo.

But, I do what I can and hopefully later those posts will trigger memories for me about certain things. 

So, here are a few things I want to remember about the babies at 3 1/2 months.

-they are both talking and cooing so much now.  Reese is definitely more vocal and has been from the beginning.

-Reese and Truett are both laughing and smiling all the time.  Reese gives them pretty freely.  Truett you have to work a little bit for, but when you get them, they melt Momma's heart!

-I started trying to get them on somewhat of a schedule with their sleeping.  Turns out we have one who will take a bottle, play a few minutes, get tired and go right to sleep (Truett).  Baby girl on the other hand...let's just say I hope the stubborn side I'm seeing emerging will prove to be an asset to her later in life.  Right now, you could say IT DRIVES MOMMA NUTS!  HA!  I am definitely having to do some serious sleep training with her and it isn't easy.  Her morning nap requires me to let her cry for 5 minute intervals, going in and calming her down after she's cried.  I haven't had to do it more than 5 times in a row, but man its enough to make me want to cry myself!  Eventually she puts herself to sleep, but it isn't pretty until then!  LOL!

-The babies are eating between 4 and 5 oz per bottle.

-I am still pumping and giving breastmilk bottles, as well as formula bottles.  I breastfeed at least once a day, usually at night so I don't have to get up and get a bottle ready!  Rich says I'm cheating!  HA!

-I'm not sure how much the babies weigh, but I would guess Truett is somewhere around 15 pounds and Reese is somewhere between 13 and 14.

-The babies are both rolling over from their tummies to backs pretty consistently.

-They both love playing on their playmats.  They will coo and laugh at their reflections in the mirrors on their playmats.  I love hearing it! 

-Truett is starting to like the swing and bouncer more than before, which is nice for me when I need my hands free or he needs some entertainment.

-Truett was born with lots of congestion and it has only gotten worse, and now his sister has joined him.  Y'all it is the saddest thing to hear them trying to breathe at night.  They cough and get choked up and I end up sucking their little noses out (you can only imagine how much they love that in the middle of the night).  I am convinced Truett's are allergies and we can't do anything about it medically until he's 6 months old.  I just feel terrible for the little guy.  We are about to replace all of the carpet downstairs and replace our a/c filters with Hepa filters.  I hope that helps. 
-Both babies are OBSESSED with fans.  We lay them on our bed and they will stare at the fan for minutes on end!  We call it Friendly Fan.  It's the best!

-The babies are starting to notice each other somewhat, and it's precious.  I am looking forward to the day they will make each other laugh...I think!  :) 

-The babies sat in their Bumbos for the first time today and it was a hoot to watch!  Truett has a really big head, so he's still working on keeping his head up for an extended period of time! 

-We have entered the mega drool stage with both babies, but especially with Reese.  I have nicknamed her Bubbles because that is all you see on her lips most of the time.  My mom said I was the same way at her age. 
That's it for now, I think.  I need to start writing all of this down so I can remember to add it to my blog. 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. That mom who has it all together is a facade! She's not real. She doesn't exist! If someone seems like she has it all together it is an appearance, and not reality!!

    We had new carpet put in our house right before we moved in and I am afraid that is what is causing Ben to be congested. I have heard, since we had it installed, that brand new carpet can be more toxic than older carpet. Something about fumes or something. I haven't researched it because there isn't anything we can do about it now, but it might be worth looking into before you do it. Again, I have just heard, but am not very informed!

    Reese and Truett are absolutely adorable! Looks like you are doing a fantastic job, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the "mom who has it all together" is just a REALLY good actress!

    Hey, I keep a little notebook in my purse. I can quickly write down little notes or things I want to remember about the kids regardless of where we are. Later on, I go back and write stuff in the baby book. It helps me to know I'm not "forgetting" important things, but I don't feel I'm constantly dragging out the baby books.

    Love you, friend! Those babes are just PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!