I cannot believe what a bad, bad blogger I've been lately. Anytime I think about sitting down to whip up a post, other things seem to grab my attention...laundry needs to be washed, baby books need to be updated, a list needs to be made, groceries need to be bought, dinner needs to be made, babies need to be fed, changed, napped, momma needs to sleep.
You get the picture.
BUT, on the other side of this, I feel tremendous stress about not blogging. I know. I'm a weirdo. I just had this great plan to blog all about the babies so I could have this blog to look back on in the months and years to come, and especially so the babies will have it later.
Part of my problem is I have an iPhone now. I know, not so much a problem. It's actually amazing and makes capturing things with the babies so much easier, faster, and with less batteries-are-dead kind of frustration. But with that comes the Facebook app. Uploading pics and a quick update to Facebook just doesn't take much time, so I've neglected the ole blog because of it.
The other thing is...and this has seriously been like a death in the family to me...I had to give my Macbook back when I resigned from my teaching position.
Cue the violins, please.
I just have to tell y'all...blogging from McHotterson's TOSHIBA is just NOT the same. Not even close. Not even second to close. Kind of like, makes me want to throw the darn thing out the window, not close. *BIG FAT SIGH*
But, here I am!!! And I'm bound and determined to do better. I hope.
So, the babies turned 5 months old on the 18th of September. I know it's so cliche, but I just can't believe it's been 5 months since I held them the first time. They are absolutely so precious and so, so much fun! I laugh more on a daily basis than I have in my life.
And just to keep it real...I've cried more and been more frustrated and more exhausted than I ever have in my life, as well.
So, here are the sweet peas in their 5 month pics, brought to you by yours truly.
I was looking through past picture sessions and I am just blown away by how big the babies look!
Here are some updates about each one:
-At his last doctor's appointment he weighed 15 lbs 10 oz. He weighs close to 17 now. He was 25 1/2 inches long.
-He rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time TODAY, on his Papi's birthday and I got it on video! We were so excited!!
-He's talking all the time now and makes this high-pitched screeching sound when he's excited or happy.
-He is still an easy sleeper as far as getting him down, but he's had some issues with short naps (as I type this he's stirring after only 30 minutes asleep) and is still waking in the wee hours of the morning to eat. I'm hoping that will slowly fade out, soon!!
-Truett goes from happy to grumpy VERY quickly! It's super easy to know when it's naptime. The boy hits a brick wall and he's done.
-He's very much a Momma's boy and while I love the cuddling and the loving, it can be very overwhelming for me to have a baby who wants me to hold him all the time. He's getting better, I think.
-Truett loves being outside. Now that the weather is nicer we have been taking walks and he really enjoys the fresh air.
-He's wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes and a size 2 diaper. Although his percentages are very average, he looks like a big boy. He's thick and solid and Momma's back feels it every day! the only percentage that is high is his head circumference! HA!
-He absolutely LOVES solid foods. We started with sweet potatoes and have tried a plethora of foods; the only one he doesn't care for is peas. I can't say I blame him. They aren't my favorite, either. He's eating between 7 and 8 oz. of formula when it's a bottle-only feeding.
-The babies stayed with a non-family babysitter for the first time last weekend and they did great, but Truett threw up all over one of the girls. Poor thing.
- He's TICKLISH! When I change his clothes/diaper, I tickle his belly and ribs and he just cackles and grins. He's also ticklish at the tops of his legs where they meet his pelvic area. He will laugh and laugh if I squeeze his little chubby legs.
-Overall, he's a very happy baby and we love him so very much!
- At her last doctor's appointment, she weighed 13 lbs. 8 oz and was 24 1/2 inches long.
- She is definitely a petite girl. Since she was a tiny baby people have been amazed at how girly she looks, which is pretty funny to me since I'm not much of a girly girl.
- She has beautiful blue eyes and now her eyebrows and eyelashes are getting darker and thicker.
- She rolled from her back to tummy on her four month birthday! At her last appointment the pediatrician said, "She's very advanced physically." She was already starting to try to sit up and move forward! She has spent the last month getting up on her hands and lifting herself up like she's doing a push up. It's really amazing to watch. She scoots all over and you never know where you'll find her if you leave the room for a few minutes. I know she'll be crawling in no time. SCARY!!!
- She's wearing 3-6 month clothes and a size 2 diaper.
- She loves solid foods, too and we laugh because she ATTACKS the spoon! When I feed them together and it's just me, they have to wait as their sibling gets a bite before they get the next one. Almost every time when I turn to give her her next bite, she's waiting with her mouth open! As I put it in her mouth, she makes this growling noise like she's saying, "Gimme that!" It's absolutely hilarious!
-Reese is ticklish, too! She has the sweetest little laugh and when I tickle her belly/ribs/underarms or her FEET, she laughs and laughs. If she's tired, sometimes its just a snort. Ha!
-Both babies are "talking" up a storm and are really interactive with you when you speak to them. I love this. They also have started recognizing when I come into the room and knowing when I leave. This is both good and bad for me.
Overall, it's so much fun to see them growing and learning new things every day!
Here are some more random pictures from my computer and my phone! Enjoy!