Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Last year, I was a mother for all of 3 weeks when Mother's Day rolled around.  And for any new mother reading this, I'm sure you can relate when I say that I don't really remember much of it, sadly.  It's kind of a blur. 

However, this Mother's Day was wonderful and one I won't soon forget!  My parents were able to be here with us, which is always special and a good time!  The whole weekend was full of good food, family and lots of love.

Mother's Day Sunday was special because we first went to church as a family.  This is my first Mother's Day in church (last year we were in Austin).  In years past, this was one of the hardest days of the year for me.  Mothers are always recognized in church, and when they were asked to stand, I would sit a little lower in my seat and try to choke back tears.  I have to say, without trying to be dramatic, it was just an all around sad day for me for so many years. 

So, this year I was excited to come to church with my brood, and stand up as a mother!

Psalm 37:4 has been a shelter for me, especially during the four years we struggled to get pregnant and lost two pregnancies.

It runs in and out of my head almost daily...
 "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."  

 And He has!  Praise God, the maker of all the heavens and the giver of life!  

 Mother's Day evening, we had a get together at our house with good food and lots of laughs and a celebration of all the mothers in our family. 

I didn't get pictures on the day of, but these are from the day after Mother's Day. Tru LOVES the saddle.  Reese, not so much.  :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, y'all!