Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Treasured Gift

When we were married, almost 10 years ago (October 12, 2002), I was given several bridal showers, but one that was particularly special for me.

A cousin, who is more like an aunt, and her three daughters, gave me a recipe shower. They send cards to people and had them write down their favorite recipes and them, if they felt inclined, share something about it...who they cook it for, where they got it from, why they love it, etc...



When the cards were returned, they were put into a matching recipe box and then given to me. I probably have 75-100 recipes from friends and family that I will cherish forever. I love that when I choose a recipe and read who it came from, memories flood my mind about that person. I occasionally try to reach out an let them know I just made something yummy and that they were running through my mind as I made it.



(if you want the whole recipe, I'd be glad to share...this is only the front of the card)

Tonight, I made a deep-dish chicken pot pie, a recipe given to me by one of my dad's brother's wife, my aunt Carey.

It was delicious and extra special because it came to me filled with love.









My helpers...


Just before it went in the oven.


The final product...scrumptious.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! May need the back side of that card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post it soon! It's delish and pretty easy and feeds several people! :)

      Delete
    2. I will post it soon! It's delish and pretty easy and feeds several people! :)

      Delete

Comment away, y'all!