Saturday, September 15, 2012

DDCPP

...aka, Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie.

Some of you requested the full recipe for the pot pie I made the other night and posted about.

I don't blame you.

It's yummy!

So, instead of typing the whole recipe out, I thought I would take pictures of the car and then tell you what I did or would do differently.

For your palate's pleasure...





First of all, I would add a bit more half and half to my "sauce", just to make more liquid.

Second, instead of putting the sauce on top and them covering with the pie crust, I would mix my filling with the sauce and then place the pie crust on top. This way, you're sure that all the filling has been covered with the yummy sauce.

I would add corn to the recipe.

I would ad more chicken and less potatoes, but that's my personal preference.

Also, the peas should be added with the rest of the filling/veggies, even though it doesn't say to in the recipe. Can't wait to hear how it goes!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy....I love making pot pies in the fall and winter months. Stop on over and say hi...you could even link up to my linky party too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!