Sunday, October 28, 2012

20 Weeks and Halfway!

I can't believe I am already halfway through this pregnancy.  I suppose the old saying, "A watched pot, never boils," is pretty accurate.  When I was pregnant with the twins, my pregnancy dragged on.  I thought I'd never get to the end of it and finally get to meet those sweet babies.  But this one has flown by because who has time to sit and think and worry and watch, when you've got two little rugrats to play with?!

So, here's a little 20-week update on the pregnancy.  I did this religiously with the babies, on a weekly basis.  I think this might be the first time I've done it with this one.  This poor third child; he/she is already getting the short straw! 



How far along?: 20 weeks
How big is baby? About 10 1/2 ounces. He/she is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel, the length of a banana.
Maternity clothes: Oh my, yes.  I got big so much faster with this pregnancy than I did with the twins, surprising enough.  I have had to buy some more clothes only because the sizes were just too big from last time and didn't fit me at all! 
Sleep: Well, my sleep issues I think are less pregnancy related and more two 18 month-olds who are reverting back to waking up at night periodically.  This and a snoring husband are not a good combination.  However, I do have nights here and there where I'm exhausted but just cannot sleep.  Those lovely hormones that trigger insomnia are for the birds!
Best moment this week: I'm starting to feel the baby move more and more.  He/she is active late in the evening, around 10 or so. 
Food cravings:  I am loving Honeycrisp apples and popsicles these days.  I also am indulging in the occasional unsweet tea from Sonic. 
Symptoms: Other than a big belly, I've just started feeling that overall achiness that starts in your hips and pelvic area and kind of radiates down your legs.  I usually get it if I'm on my feet a lot during the day.  I will say, my hair has grown so quickly, which is great because I've been letting it grow since before the summer!
Belly button in or out: Oh, definitely in.  I never even had an outie with the twins, just went completely flat.
What I miss: My old wardrobe. It is getting boring wearing the same stuff over and over and over.  I also miss my stamina. 
What I'm looking forward to:  Our gender reveal.  Not sure when it will be, but it will be exciting nonetheless. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, y'all!