Monday, December 10, 2012

26 weeks

How far along: 26 weeks!


Size of Baby: Baby is the size (in length) of an ENGLISH HOTHOUSE CUCUMBER (whatever the heck that is)
(Picture taken from Google images and BabyCenter.com)

He/she weighs about 1 1/3 pounds and is 14 inches long from head to heel.   


Total Weight Gain/Lost: Honestly, I've gained faster and gotten bigger quicker this pregnancy than I ever expected to.  :(  At my last appointment, I had gained 28 pounds, and at this point in my pregnancy with the twins, I'd gained 37, so I guess it's not terrible.  I just can't imagine having 14 more weeks to gain!!  Eek!   

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all the time. 

Gender: We're not sure yet, but we have set our gender reveal celebration for New Year's Day.  My parents are coming up after Christmas and we'll have a little get-together to celebrate a new year and a new baby...boy or girl! 

Movement: Now that the placenta has moved and is out of the way, I am feeling him/her much more!  He/she is very active about 10 in the morning and 10 at night.  The baby is big enough now that I can feel body parts, too, which is always fun! 

Sleep:  Sleep isn't horrible, but not great.  I've been sick the last few days, so it's been pretty bad lately.  When I do wake up (on the days I'm not sick), it's usually to go to the bathroom, or get a small snack.  Occasionally, I'm having insomnia, but most of the time, I'm so exhausted from a day with two toddlers that I'm ready for bed and fall asleep easily.   

What I Miss:  Sleep, my waist, and just to keep it real...not having back fat.  I definitely miss that. 

Cravings: Food. :)

Symptoms: I'm TIRED, my belly feels HUGE, some Braxton Hicks and heartburn/acid reflux from you-know-where.  That's probably the worst right now.  I'm hoping some meds will help with that, soon. 
Best moment for this week: Up to this point, my placenta had been anterior and low-lying.  Basically, if it didn't fix itself, I'd end up having a c-section, so I'd definitely been praying for it to correct itself and soon.  Not only would it mean c-section, but I was having a hard time feeling any real movement from the baby, and I missed it!  When we went last Monday, my placenta was so far away from my cervix, the sonographer could barely see it!  GREAT NEWS!  I'd even told Richard earlier in the week that all of a sudden I was able to feel the baby a lot more and I wondered if the placental issue had worked itself out.  YAY!

My BabyCenter email this week said, "26 Weeks, Only 14 More to Go!"  WHAT?  14 weeks?  That's crazy talk!  We have so much to do, but in some ways, I am more anxious every day about meeting this sweet baby, who came to us unexpectedly, but is such a blessing to us already! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, y'all!