Monday, March 04, 2013

Because I've Been Napping...

No, really. 

That's not a "dog ate my homework" kind of excuse.  Because y'all...I'm just tired.  Plain old tired and exhausted.

I have so much to catch up on, and I had big plans for this blog to act as a baby book of sorts for the twins, but I've just been such a slacker about it.  Saddening, really.

Here are a few of the highlights since my last post in JANUARY!  Agh!

  • I'm 38 weeks pregnant with baby Avery Grace.  What's that?  Oh, yes, we decided on a name.  See, it's been too long.  Here's a recent belly shot at about 37 weeks.
  • Reese and Truett are 22 months-old.  They are so delightful and then turn around and make it necessary for me to step outside and occasionally scream until I can't scream anymore.  But mostly, they're delightful.  They're learning so much.  In fact, as I speak, they've figured out how to climb up on the toy box under the spiral staircase and pull themselves up onto the stairs which are blocked by a gate at the bottom.  I found them at the TOP this morning and wondered how they'd figured it out.  BUSTED!  Every. Single. Day. 
    • They love to sing, especially Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, The Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me, ABC's, and a little sing-song my MIL sings to them but we changed the words to.
    • They're learning their letters and numbers and Reese can now count to 6!  Truett's up to about 4, I think.
    • Their vocabular grows daily, and that is really fun to be witness to.  In true girl fashion, Reese is quite the chatterbox and has a pretty extensive vocab.  She says words and I have to say, "Where'd she hear that?" 
    • These days they love, 'Paydoh' (Play-Doh), and 'Caynons' (Crayons), Legos, 'Boo Cues' (Blues Clues), 'Beats' (Fresh Beat Band), and 'Tee Tee Nandy' (tee tee candy). 
    • And that brings us to potty training, or the lack thereof.  I can't lie...having them out of diapers by the time the baby arrived would have been super fabulous.  But it ain't happening, folks, and it's all because of me.  I just am not motivated.  At all.  The thought of taking two toddlers to the bathroom every 20 minutes makes my head spin at this point.  I've seriously considered Googling "potty training bootcamp" and packing their bags for a week away.  Just kidding.  Kind of.  They both show interest, although she more so than he.  And the candy bit has been a big incentive because they don't get it any other time from us.  But, three in diapers it will be.  *sigh*
Here's a little video I shot the other day to give some insight into what goes on MULTIPLE times a day with two little toddler brains working together.  I hope you laugh, and then pray for their mother.  :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. In my humble opinion, it is MUCH easier to have 2 (3!) in diapers than a newborn and still potty-training toddlers. When they first train, unless they're closer to 3 they require SO much hand-on-hand attention each and every potty trip. And it is urgent! Now imagine nursing a newborn and trying to get up and rush to the potty because it can't wait. You can't make it in time, and now you have a fussy newborn who was whisked away from a peaceful nursing session and is still hungry AND a mess to clean up from a couldn't-make-it-to-the-potty toddler.
    We waited until ours were closer to 3, and potty training hasn't really been "training" at all. Both of them just naturally progressed to panties/underwear on their own without any regression, setbacks, or big accidents. I didn't do any naked days or staying at home for 3 full days. We just basically went from diapers to underwear full-time (except overnight - that's hormonal and something you can't train). I highly recommend the laid-back approach!
    I know buying diapers for 3 won't be fun, but it will definitely be worth your sanity until you can focus more on the twins when sweet Avery isn't so new. Hang in there, Mama! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!