That's not a "dog ate my homework" kind of excuse. Because y'all...I'm just tired. Plain old tired and exhausted.
I have so much to catch up on, and I had big plans for this blog to act as a baby book of sorts for the twins, but I've just been such a slacker about it. Saddening, really.
Here are a few of the highlights since my last post in JANUARY! Agh!
- I'm 38 weeks pregnant with baby Avery Grace. What's that? Oh, yes, we decided on a name. See, it's been too long. Here's a recent belly shot at about 37 weeks.
- Reese and Truett are 22 months-old. They are so delightful and then turn around and make it necessary for me to step outside and occasionally scream until I can't scream anymore. But mostly, they're delightful. They're learning so much. In fact, as I speak, they've figured out how to climb up on the toy box under the spiral staircase and pull themselves up onto the stairs which are blocked by a gate at the bottom. I found them at the TOP this morning and wondered how they'd figured it out. BUSTED! Every. Single. Day.
- They love to sing, especially Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, The Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me, ABC's, and a little sing-song my MIL sings to them but we changed the words to.
- They're learning their letters and numbers and Reese can now count to 6! Truett's up to about 4, I think.
- Their vocabular grows daily, and that is really fun to be witness to. In true girl fashion, Reese is quite the chatterbox and has a pretty extensive vocab. She says words and I have to say, "Where'd she hear that?"
- These days they love, 'Paydoh' (Play-Doh), and 'Caynons' (Crayons), Legos, 'Boo Cues' (Blues Clues), 'Beats' (Fresh Beat Band), and 'Tee Tee Nandy' (tee tee candy).
- And that brings us to potty training, or the lack thereof. I can't lie...having them out of diapers by the time the baby arrived would have been super fabulous. But it ain't happening, folks, and it's all because of me. I just am not motivated. At all. The thought of taking two toddlers to the bathroom every 20 minutes makes my head spin at this point. I've seriously considered Googling "potty training bootcamp" and packing their bags for a week away. Just kidding. Kind of. They both show interest, although she more so than he. And the candy bit has been a big incentive because they don't get it any other time from us. But, three in diapers it will be. *sigh*