Sunday, April 23, 2006

H-town

Well, we are in Houtston and I, of course, am up and going before Rich. So, I decided to take advantage of the free high-speed internet and update my blog. We had a GREAT day yesterday. Richard has had this weekend planned for a couple of months to help celebrate our test completions (my TAKS test and his professional engineer's exam). Anyway, yesterday we went to the Shell Houston Open and then to an Astros game. The latter was fun, but completely what you would expect from an Astros game. Houston was victorious and we had so much fun being goofy in our "shady" seats (I really mean there was no sun, not that they were terrible...we moved and sat somewhere other than our tix said because it was so freakin' hot in our real seats). The Shell Houston Open was awesome, and yet surreal at the same time. We had a great time watching our favorite golfers and I especially enjoyed having Richard tell me all about what was going on other than the golfers playing. He has been to the open previously, so he knew what to expect. We ended up watching Vijay Singh, Ryan Palmer (Gig 'Em), Sender (one of Rich's favorite players because he has "the most beautiful, fluid swing I've ever seen"). We also got to watch John Daly on two holes, and that's always fun because of his fan base...they get a little rowdy. I would highly recommend making the trip to at least one PGA event in your lifetime. I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, y'all!