Monday, February 26, 2007

Update on today...

After going back to work after the blood results today, I decided I needed to go to the hospital because things just weren't right. I had some dark discharge (sorry if that's TMI for some of you), which I would have thought of as totally normal if it hadn't had of been an hour or so after the news about my hormone levels being low. So I saw the doctor and she did a cervical exam. She said there was some irritation on my cervix which is probably what caused the bleeding last Thursday (praise God) and that my cervix is completely closed and there is no active bleeding anywhere (praise God)! She also asked if I would like a vaginal ultrasound, which I was told previously could not be done at this hospital. I was shocked and should have thanked the Lord right there because that is a complete answered prayer for us! So, leaving out a lot of details, our next appointment(s) is on Thursday. In the morning, I will have my follow-up hormone exam. This is when we will be able to see if my hormone level is still rising, and if it has sped up at all (that is what we are praying for). If the levels are still lower than what Dr. Ridens would like, then we will go ahead with the ultrasound. This early, there is never a guarantee that we will be able to see a heartbeat, however, they will be able to see the gestational sac and tell whether or not it is attached in my uterus, or if it is ectopic (attached in my fallopian tube).

DEEEEEEEEEEEEP BRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTH! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Please pray specifically for these two things:

1.) My hormone levels have surged and raised significantly from today's readings.
2.) IF we have to have an ultrasound, the baby is attached correctly and even that we can see a heartbeat!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you ahead of time for your prayers!

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion...

Psalm 46:10
Be still, Charla, and know that I am God!

8 comments:

  1. Will definitely be praying for you and Sprout! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us updated, Sissy! Love you and praying for you, Rich, and my sweet neice/nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will absolutely keep you in my prayers. Hang in there and know that God is in complete control. I love you!! Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."
    2 Corinthians 1:3-7
    I pray for you to feel His arms around you today as you await more tests and procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charla,

    You guys are in my prayers! I know there's nothing that can be said to take away the fear and anxiousness that you are feeling. But I am lifting you and the baby up multiple times through the day. Isn't it comforting to know that the God who created the universe is the same God who formed your sweet baby, and is watching him/her right now?

    Lots of love to all three of you!

    Kierstyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charla, I will definitely be praying for you and Sprout and Richard. Thank you for sharing with all of us. I hope that knowing your friends and family close by and far away are concerned for you and praying helps your heart feel a little lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be praying for your needs. I know you will be fine. Do take that deep breath! Look around at all the blessing that are in your life today. Allow some of the tension to leave your body, focus on something of little consequence. God is in charge. Love ya and if you need me to come your way, I can be there! dp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charla,
    many prayers to you, sweetie! i went thru a similar thing at 10 weeks, so i know the horror, but the Lord is steadfast and i am sooo thankful that you are keeping that in mind. keep us all posted, ok :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!