Saturday, November 22, 2008

McHotterson-My One and Only Steady

My friend, Lisa, tagged me on this one and I couldn't resist. Even more lately have I been reminded of the reasons McH is my main man and the kindest person I know.


Everything you might want to know about my husband:

1. Where did you meet? I was finishing undergrad and he was back at A&M for his second degree. We met at a club **gasp** when I was getting over a really bad breakup. My roommate literally dragged me out of bed, dressed me and made me go to The Texas Hall of Fame that night because she was "tired of me moping around feeling sorry for myself." Thank goodness she was so smart because that was the night I met Rich!

2. How long did you date? Before we got engaged (April 13, 2002) a year and a half. We were engaged for 6 months before we got married (October 12, 2002).

3. How long have you been married? 6 years

4. What does he say that surprises you? He has this funny little habit of repeating what he has just said, only under his breath really low. It's like he's repeating himself to make sure what he said makes sense. It is so funny and I tease him about it a lot!

5. What is your favorite feature of his? His hands and his height (6'4").

6. What is your favorite quality of his? He is the most loyal person I've ever known. If he says he will do something, he will do it no matter what. He is a GREAT friend because he is loyal until the end.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? I love this...instead of calling me baby or honey or whatever, he calls me DARLIN'. It made my heart flutter a little even when I typed it!

8. What is his favorite color? green

9. What is his favorite food? He's definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He loves to go home to my parents because my mom makes him garlic mashed potatoes. I don't like potatoes and so I never think to make them so this is a real treat for him.

10. What is his favorite sport? Hands down, golf! He loves to watch it, play it, study it, etc...I would say it borders on obsession. He also loves to watch rodeo.

11. When and where did you first kiss? On the front porch of my apartment at Madison Pointe in College Station. I hadn't kissed many people before him, maybe 3 others, and I remember thinking, "My gosh, that was the best kiss I've ever had! I wish I hadn't spent 6 years kissing the same boy when I could have been kissing him!" It was great!

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We love camping, watching movies, and especially riding horses. He would like me to play golf with him more often, so I'm working on that.

13. Do you have any children? Not yet, but we're waiting on God and we KNOW He has great plans for that part of our life! So, keep praying for us!

14. Does he have a hidden talent? He has MANY, actually. He can fix pretty much anything (the engineer in him) and is really handy as far as coming up with very unique ways to make something work. He also cooks some MEAN ribs, but I think something that might be surprising to some is he is a really talented guitar player and has a beautiful voice. He also speaks Spanish really well and is really good at golf. He's one of those people that is good at most things the first time he does them. Very irritating! :)

15. How old is he? Will be 37 December 18th! He is 7 1/2 years older than I.

16. Who said "I love you" first? Well, I remember exactly when it was, December 27th, 2000 in my apartment in College Station. We both started talking around the idea and insinuating our love for one another. I think I said it first, but I can't remember exactly. This was only a few weeks into our relationship but we knew there was something really special there.

17. What is his favorite type of music? Rich has a very eclectic taste in music. He LOVES Stevie Ray Vaughn...that's probably his favorite, but he also LOVES Buddy Holly and lots of music from that era, the 50's and 60's. Then, I will come in one day and he's got his electric guitar out and he's playing Eric Clapton or ACDC. The next night he's strumming some Garth Brooks or Cross Canadian Ragweed. He absolutely hates Hip Hop and Rap, and doesn't really like Classical, either.

18. What do you most admire about him? His faith. When I was going through a really hard breakup right when I met Richard one of the things that really attracted me to him was when I was having a hard day, he would pull out his Bible and find scripture that we could talk about and apply to the situation. He prays for our family and reassures me when my faith is faltering, that God is good and wants good for us. He is one amazing man, I tell you!

19. Do you think he will read this? Not a chance. The only time he reads my blog is when I say, "Hey, read my blog. I wrote something on it I want you to read." So, maybe he WILL read it when I ask him to!

20. Where did you go on your first date? The night after we met there was a Charlie Robison concert at The Texas Hall of Fame (where we met) so he picked me up (along with my roommate and our neighbor) and we went to the concert. We had the best time! I made my roomie and neighbor come along because I wanted to make sure he wasn't some kind of freak! LOL!

Now it is my turn to tag some friends so...I pick Mom, Janera, and Corrie S.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! Great post! Still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet post. richard just has to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed reading your blog the last couple of weeks and it was fun catching up on it today. I always love reading what you have to say about Richard. You guys have such a special marriage and it makes me so happy for you. You continue to be in my prayers! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!