Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Titus 2 Tuesday: Cindy Balmain

Would you like to participate in Titus 2 Tuesdays? Go here and happy blogging!

Titus 2 says: Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

I have missed a couple of installments of Titus 2 Tuesday, but I wanted to jump on again.

I want to tell you about a woman I know named Cindy Balmain. I thought this was perfect, because today is Ms. Cindy's birthday!

This is the only picture I could find. Cindy is on the far left.

Cindy and her husband, Gary, were our Sunday school teachers in College Station and we loved them so much! They became somewhat like second parents to us (as they have to many).

Cindy is so wise and one of the most faithful women I know. She teaches 5th grade in College Station and I know she is admired for her work. But more than that, I admire her heart for Jesus.

A few years back she fought a very, hard and scary battle with cancer, which she will tell you about if you ask her. She shares her story of faith and survival because she gives all credit to God her Father and she glorifies Him in her life because she realizes how precious it is.

Cindy and Gary have two children and lived for 10 years in Costa Rica and Argentina as missionaries.

I always loved Sunday school with them, because they took turns teaching the lesson. So, when Ms. Cindy was teaching, she was the typical elementary teacher...she split us into learning groups and we answered questions and took turns reading. When Mr. Gary would teach, we had a very detailed history lesson, and intriguing opinions and thoughts about the subject.

More than anything, Cindy has taken her love for Jesus and has shown it to the world. She is the kind of person you just want to be with all of the time because she loves on you just by looking at you!

I love you, Ms. Cindy and I miss you so much! Happy Birthday!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post and birthday blessing to Ms. Cindy! Thank you for sharing her with us!

    You are welcome to jump in anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Titus 2 post, Charla, & welcome back to Titus 2 posting. It is such a privilege to know Titus 2 women & reading about them in a world of "TAKS Nonsense"!!! Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR POST ABOUT CINDY, CHARLA!!!
    She is an AMAZING woman! I am sooooo thankful to have been able to do my student teaching with her. She definitly had a major impact on me as a teacher and as a woman of God.

    Happy Birthday Cindy!!!
    Love Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you reading "This Present Darkness?" Oh, what a great book. I love Frank Perretti books. You've got to read "The Oath." WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post!!! I believe women do bring something special and unique to the Sunday School setting. BTW - how are you liking "This Present Darkness"...great, now after reading Trey's comment I need to go by the Oath b/c his books are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!