Thursday, March 25, 2010

Snapshot Roulette

I've had a hard time finding something to post about the last two weeks.  I'm just feeling uninspired, probably partly due to my chronic state of fatigue lately.

I was determined to post today so I tried to think of a sort of game I could play.  This is what I came up with:  Snapshot Roulette.  I know I've seen similar things like this on blogs before, so I won't take any credit for being completely brilliant! 

Here's how it works:  Go into your picture program and, while closing your eyes, randomly move your mouse up and down and all around.  When you stop (I did so after every five moves of my mouse) use whichever picture you land on, in your post.  Do this five times so you end up with 5 pictures.  Then, write a little caption for or description of the photo if you want to.

Here goes:

#1: July 12, 2008
Here are four very happy girls, (Corrie, me, Alicia, my SIL, Amy).  We were in Austin on a girls' trip that was a surprise for Alicia and me from Amy!

#2: July 24, 2008
This is the bloom of what my mom has deemed the "Charla plant."  It was given to her when I was born and she still has it, almost 31 years later!  Isn't that amazing?  It has survived 2 moves, 2 children, numerous animals and several freezes.  I love it!
#3: July 25, 2008
This is a shower I helped host for one of my sweet, dear friends, Sami (left) , who was pregnant at the time with her daughter, Payton.  I am putting together the hostess gift, a jogger stroller, for Sami.








#4: August 16, 2008
This is my dad, lover of babies, holding my SIL's niece, Hannah.  We were in Dallas at Rice Ranch.  

#5: April 26, 2008
This is a picture of one of my good friends, Tania and her husband (fiance at the time), Matt.  This was at one of their engagement parties, and we had such a good time this night!  

Now, it's your turn!  This was actually really fun...going through my pictures brought back lots of fun memories!

And by the looks of things, 2008 was apparently full of Kodak moments !

If you participate, leave a comment here so I can come over and see!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. The #2 photo is brilliant. I have one of those plants as well growing away in the backyard. It used to belong to my mum and she gave it to me so I took it with me when I moved out of my childhood home. It is also probably as old as your one. I'm surprised I haven't killed it yet, although I don't see it flower very often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED IT! Let's do it every friday!! :) However, I have already posted this morning and it took me 30 minutes, so I'm opting out of this one. BUT, my post has a few of Kenna Mae's five year picture shoot so it kinda counts, right!:) Head on over and check out my crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did my own Snapshot Roulette! What a cute idea...Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I think I'll do this on my blog later this week! (if I don't go into labor get too busy with having a baby!)
    I just found you through texas blogging gals and now following! Enjoying your blog so far and can't wait to explore and see more!

    If you have any posts about mommy brain or your mommy moments...or want to post about any of your stories, I'm having a mcLinky party today that will be open till wednesday! You're invited! :)

    http://candacecreations.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-mommy-moments-mclinky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!! Love the flower, that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you posted one of our pictures Char! I actually love that picture and it brought great memories to me! I don't have a blog (yet) but hopefully one day so thanks for bringing a smile to my face today! Soon we will be celebrating our one year annivesary - where does the time go. Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!