Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pregnancy Highlights: 21 Weeks!

How far along: 21 Weeks Yesterday!   

Size of Babies: They weigh about 3/4 of a pound each, and are about 10.5 inches long, the length of a carrot, from head to toe. 
 (Picture taken from Google images and BabyCenter.com)

Total Weight Gain/Lost:  About 25 pounds, I think.  Hard to believe because I really don't feel like I've gained that much weight.  That's probably a good thing.  ;)  Although, I was a bit disturbed when I was standing in the shower and noticed the tops of my legs actually touch now.  **sigh**...BUT, it's all worth it, that's for sure.  And to be really honest, I look forward to seeing how much weight I've gained.  I know, I'm weird.  But it's true.  I feel like I've accomplished something when I've gained a pound or two (or five...ha) between weigh-ins.

Maternity Clothes: YES!  I can still wear t-shirts (no more smalls, though), but most of my wardrobe is spent in maternity. 


Gender: Baby A is a GIRL (Reese Kathleen) and Baby B is a BOY (Truett Zeldon)


Movement: Yes!  They are really starting to move, but of course it's not nearly enough for me!   Can't wait for those karate kicks! 

Sleep:  I've had HORRIBLE allergies the last week or so and because I can't take any strong decongestants (I'm taking Sudafed, but it just doesn't do a great job), I've had a really bad time sleeping the last 4 days or so.  I'll be ready when that starts to get better. 


What I Miss:  Not sure.  If I had to say one thing, I guess it would be being able to physically work for hours at a time without resting.  We had company come in today to stay and hunt for a couple of days and I couldn't work for more than about 30 minutes without sitting down, drinking some water and resting for 10 minutes.  Makes daily chores pretty time-consuming.

Cravings: Mexican food, fruit, DQ Blizzards.  


Symptoms:  Heartburn and acid reflux still come and go.  Starting to have pains in my ribs, too. 


Best moment for this week:  Yesterday, on Christmas DAY, we saw the babies move in my stomach for the first time and the reaction and look on Richard's face made me tear up.  It was the sweetest, most exciting time I think we have ever had as a couple and we've waited so long for it.  It was such an amazing feeling and crazy that we could actually SEE my stomach moving.  I've been able to feel them more and more lately and it's AWESOME!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Girl, why does your pregnancy seem to be flying by. I can't believe you are already 21 weeks. My pregnancy just seems to be going at a "normal" pace. Crazy!!

    I tried the NettiPot (not sure on Spelling) when I was sick with allergies. I couldn't bear to take anything unnatural in case of harming the baby. It's a nasty concept but it worked.

    I love watching my stomach move. It's better than TV, HA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!