Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pregnancy Highlights: 24 Weeks

How far along: 24 Weeks, today! 

Here are 4-D pics from our appointment yesterday.  Baby A, Reese.  

Baby B, Truett. 

Here are fraternal twins at 24 weeks...

Size of Babies:  Well, the sizes that the My Pregnancy This Week email gives are always a little small for our monsters.  It says they should weigh just over a pound, but yesterday Reese weighed 1 lb. 8 oz. and Truett weighed 1 lb. 10 oz.  They are also measuring slightly more than 24 weeks.  Apparently, they resemble an ear of corn.  Hmm, not sure, but it gives you an idea of how long they are, I guess. 

(Picture taken from Google images and BabyCenter.com)

Total Weight Gain/Lost:  Wow, people, this one I just have a hard time fathoming.  But, I haven't been ashamed of my weight gain from the beginning, and I won't start now!  In the last 4 weeks, over the holidays and all, I gained TEN POUNDS!  Oh my goodness!  I really didn't know that was possible!  I have now gained about 32 pounds!  Holy moly!  Suggested weight gain for a twin pregnancy is between 35 and 45 pounds, so I don't have much to go, but I'm hoping it will be a steady gain from here on out. 

Maternity Clothes: YES!  I can still wear t-shirts (no more smalls and only a few big mediums, though), but most of my wardrobe is spent in maternity wear and/or pajamas!  Yesterday I bought a couple more maternity pants and a couple tops at Target.  I'm really trying to stretch my wardrobe out so I don't have to buy much more.  

Gender: Baby A is a GIRL (Reese Kathleen) and Baby B is a BOY (Truett Zeldon).

Movement: Well, we found out yesterday the reason I am feeling more movement on "Reese's side" is because both of their feet are in the same position.  Basically, Truett's head is about at my belly button, head down, and his feet wrap around under my sternum to the other side.  Reese's head is really low, and her legs come up to right about the same spot Truett's do.  So, what I've been feeling and thinking was only Reese, is really BOTH of them!  No wonder! 

Sleep:  Sleep is still touch and go.  Some times okay, other times not so great.  I'm dealing with it.  

What I Miss:  Feeling rested, and being able to get things done around the house.

Cravings:  Not really having any cravings, per se, I just like to eat!  :)

Symptoms:  Tired, some Braxton Hicks, some swelling and other things I would not mention on this blog...ever!

Best moment for this week:  Definitely getting to see the babies again and getting so many great 4-D pictures of them!  Just can't believe we are getting into viability stage.  Of course, we don't want them to be here any time soon, but just knowing we are only 13 weeks from my full-term status (37 weeks for twins), is so hard to fathom! 

post signature

7 comments:

  1. 10 pounds is SO possible because most of it is WATER!!! (Especially if you are swelling) I lost 30 pounds just coming home from the hospital with Drew because of the swelling!!! You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random thought...what if our babies are born the same day!!! How cool would that be. Best Blog Friends Forever, HA!!

    Their pictures are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 4D pictures! Technology is so amazing! And don't feel bad about the 10 pounds over the holidays...I gained that much too, and I was only carrying one baby!!! I think I had too much Los Alamos and Whataburger while I was in Texas over the holidays. You look fabulous and will be amazed at how fast the weight will drop after the babies get here. Love the nursery pics on FB by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 4D pictures, thats fun when they get good ones like that. I really wanted to share my pictures, but it's on a dvd, and well, I can't quite figure it out... :/ but we had some good shots of baby, and his lil feet, with ten toes! It's so fun!!
    I haven't gained but 11 pounds, and it bugs the heck out of the doc, but baby is growing, and that just seems to be the way I roll. Getting big, and gaining lots of weight has yet to be a problem. You will be suprised at how fast you loose it after they are born.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl....you are on the downhill slide now! It's going so fast...at least for the readers! LOL
    Sounds like you are doing wonderful. I delivered both my boys at 37 weeks...I pray you will make it there and have an easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute..love the pictures. How exciting for you!! :) Come on over to my blog and say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!

    Question you may have answered already in your blog but I just didn't see... Do twins run in your family?

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!