Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pregnancy Highlights: 32 Weeks

How far along: 32 Weeks Today!


Size of Babies:  Here's what BabyCenter.com says:  By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds, (like a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.  As always, R & T are measuring a bit bigger than these averages, but it's just an approximation.
(Image from Google)

Total Weight Gain/Lost:  Somewhere between 46 and 50 pounds, if I had to guess.   

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all the time.  If it's not maternity, it's L or XL, or one of McH's shirts or pajama pants.

Gender: Baby A is a GIRL (Reese Kathleen) and Baby B is a BOY (Truett Zeldon).

Movement: Oh, yes, all the time!  I hope they never get so big that they can't move around!  I just love it! A couple of days ago, I was in the bathtub and Truett stuck his hand or foot out so far, I thought my tummy might pop!  It was amazing!  

Sleep:  Still not great, but I think that is what should be expected at this point.  I had a really bad breathing attack of some sort in the middle of the early morning a couple of days ago.  I ended up being taken off my reflux medicine to see if maybe I'm allergic to it.  Now that my reflux has started coming back a bit, sleep has kind of gotten worse again.  But, I manage. 

What I Miss:  Sleep and stamina. 

Cravings:  Nothing really.  McH DID get me 4 pints of ice cream (4 different flavors) last night when I wanted them.  YUMMY!

Symptoms:  Just normal things really...a bit of swelling, of course some waddling, sleepy/tired, little sleep, and lots of peeing all the time! 
 
Best moment for this week:  Thursday we were sitting on the couch, watching a little t.v. before bed, and all of a sudden, McH looks at me and says, "Saturday you'll be 32 weeks.  That means only 5 more weeks.  That's not very long."  The look on his face was so serious and almost worried.  I said, "Are you just now realizing this?"  HA!  Priceless.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for 32 weeks!!! Keep those babies growing. Your almost there.

    I sure do miss writing these posts. Can't believe I'll be writing a One Week Old post for Kendalyn's BFF and boyfriend tomorrow, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when Frances was pregnant with matthew, every month or so she would cut her hair shorter. My question to you is, is there a pregnancy hormone that causes this strange behavior? Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! Every day counts! :) Praying for you and those little bundles of joy!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!