So of course, I know I'm pregnant. I've known for a while, I realize that. But recently, especially today, there have been particular "signs of the times" that have hit me in the face, in a good way.
- As I was taking a bath this morning, I looked down and y'all my belly was rolling like giant worms in the sand (Tremors, anyone?). At one point, my stomach looked like it had an arm and was pointing Southeast. I'm not joking. Truett's arm or leg or head or something, was pushing out against my skin and I looked like I had an extra appendage! I just giggled through the whole thing.
- I ate lunch with friends today at school to celebrate Alana's birthday! Happy Birthday, A!! When I got home, there were four packages on the front steps. Here are two of them:
- Nothing says, "Hey, Mommy!" like TWO car seats on your front porch! I was so, so excited to get them! I had to open one just to see it, and I'm saving the other until McHotterson gets home so he can experience the thrill, too! When I first opened it, I took a picture with my phone and text it to some of my family. When I text it to McH, I said, "If this doesn't spell reality, I don't know what does! I love you!" His response: "WOW! I love you toooooooo!!!!!" He's so excited he can hardly stand it. Some of you might not know it, or just don't remember, but he is 8 years older than I am. He will be a daddy for the first time at 39 1/2. Depending on when the babies are born, I will be 31 or 32 (my birthday is April 10th).
- I took the two schnauzers, Maggie and Marlee, to be groomed today. I had 3 smacks of reality there:
- When I got there, the groomer asked, "Now, when are you due again?" Me: "The middle of April." Groomer: "What? Wow! Are you having twins?" Me: (I've already told her this, by the way), "Yes, I am!" Groomer: "Okay, so that's why you're so big! Bless your heart! Five more weeks?"
- I told said groomer I would pick the pups up at 4:30. At 5:30 my cell phone rang. I can't say I exactly forgot, but I was engrossed in helping a friend with some important proofreading/editing/revising and totally lost track of time. That is just not like me. And when she called, I was shocked when I realized I was an hour late! Eek.
- When I finally got there to pick M&M up, she had my card for my next appointment ready. As I was walking out the door, I said, "okay, see you..." (glancing at the appt. card in my hand) "...May 5th...oh...the babies will be here by then." TOTAL HIT-ME-IN-THE- FACE MOMENT!
- And of course, nothing says, "You have TWO babies in your belly" like a picture that proves it! For comparison sake, here's my 26+ weeks belly shot, followed by 31 weeks (taken Saturday).
So, in t-minus 39 days OR LESS, I'll be having a baby...I mean, TWO!
“[Praise to the God of All Comfort] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4