Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pregnancy Highlights: 34 Weeks

How far along: 34 Weeks Today! 


Size of Babies:  Here's what BabyCenter.com has to say:  Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average CANTELOUPE) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder (we noticed Reese's face was much rounder during this ultrasounds...she has certainly filled out and we love it).  Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine.  They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Wednesday's appointment was fantastic!  According to my doctors and the sonographer, they look wonderful, my amniotic fluids look great, and all seems right on track.  My blood pressure was still really good, too. 

The best part was hearing their weights...BOTH of them are now 5 pounds 3 ounces!!!  At our last appointment, 3 weeks ago, Reese weighed 3 pounds 7 ounces and Truett weighed 4 pounds 1 ounce.  I was so excited to see they were both growing and especially that Reese had caught up with her brother! 
(Image from Google)

Total Weight Gain/Lost: Oh gosh.  I am not sure I really want to share this, but I guess there's no real reason to stop now.  I have gained 56 pounds, which is right about the top of the suggested weight gain for twins and I still have right at 3 weeks left.  Eek.  I'm guessing I'll end up at around 60 pounds total.  We'll see. 

Maternity Clothes: Yep.  This question is kind of funny to me now, because there is just no way I could ever wear regular clothes at this point, unless they were McH's.  

Gender: Baby A is a GIRL (Reese Kathleen) and Baby B is a BOY (Truett Zeldon).

Movement: Yes!  As a matter of fact, they are squirming like crazy right now!  I love it!  I'm already starting to kind of mourn not feeling them after they are born.  I guess feeling them squirm in my arms will just HAVE to do!  HA! 

Sleep:  Sleep is off and on, like always, but I think it might have been better this week.  My allergies have subsided somewhat, so I think that has helped me sleep a little better, but most of my REALLY GOOD, HARD sleep comes during naps throughout the day. 

What I Miss:  I've said it before, but I really miss being able to do things on my own.  Just in the last week, my physical limits have really grown.  I just can't physically get things done because my stamina is low and honestly my body just hurts.  I know when I do too much because my belly gets hard like a contraction so I have to lay down for a while. 

Cravings:  Nothing really.  Had some GREAT carne guisada last night and I think I could eat it every day!!  But, I'm not really craving much right now.  I think I'm losing my appetite somewhat because there's just no more room to fit food in anywhere!  HA! 

Symptoms:  I am a waddler, for sure, all the time nowadays!  Last week I mentioned not swelling and how grateful I was for that.  Well, we can scratch that off the list now!  Starting about Thursday of this last week, I started swelling in my feet, hands and face.  I woke up in the middle of the night and my face was numb...sheesh.  I'm down to only wearing my diamond birthday band because my actual engagement/wedding rings are just too hard to get off and on.  I've always had pretty thin legs and bony ankles, and the bones are now disappearing!  AGH!!  I breathe hard all the time, have a stuffy/bloody nose constantly, my knees ache, peeing all the time, emotional, etc...
I write all of these things only to emphasize that I WOULD GO THROUGH THIS ALL OVER AGAIN IF IT MEANT GETTING TO SEE OUR BABIES IN 24 DAYS!!!!!!!!!
Best moment for this week:  I just can't narrow it down to 1, so I have 3 best moments:  1.) knowing how big the babies are now and that they could be born any day and still be very healthy, 2.) getting a CD full  of our maternity pictures that we took last week, and 3.) setting our C-section DATE!!!!  YAY! April 18th, 2011 our family will DOUBLE in size!  I'm starting to cry just thinking about it! 



post signature

11 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite update yet! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! My only "post pardum" depression issue is missing the baby move. It was really bad after Cole...you just get so close to them in your belly!! I have to say though...carne guisada does NOT sound good to me right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charla-I'm sooooo happy for you!!!!! I had typed this long comment and then accidently deleted it. If it makes you feel better I've gained close to 40 lbs already and have 13 weeks left. I've known you were going to be a great mother since I met you. God made you to be a mother, I just know it. Hang in there, I know the last few weeks can be rough :) Your haircut is sooo cute and you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful!!! Lovely pic! You really don't look like you gained 56 pounds. You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that picture of you two...well actually 4. LOL
    So excited for you...April is just around the corner..both my boys were 3 weeks early and weighed 7#. You are going to do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran across your blog from someother blog, but I'm not sure how. I read you are having twins!!! How exciting and good luck to you!;0)

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praises all around. What a great post.
    I felt alot of the same things you did at my 34 weeks. I guess everyone does. Can't wait to see more maternity pics. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are absolutely amazing. I love it!!! I wish I had done that when I was pregnant...cherish that sweet belly that brought your babies into this world. Praying for a great last 3-4 weeks. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not much longer now! :) CUTE picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charla, you look amazing!!!!!!! I am praising God that you are at 34 weeks. What a huge blessing for those babies! I have been out of the blog world and facebook for a while due to lots of family stuff (sick relatives, company in town, the four of us sick, Will having lots of tests run for allergies, etc) but I have been and continue to pray for you, Reese and Truett. Did I see on your wall that you are planning on nursing? I nursed W and A for a little over 10 months. It was hard work but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Please let me know if you need any info-I'm here for you and so excited for all God has done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!!!! Cant wait to see those sweet babies in YOUR arms!!! LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!