Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pregnancy Highlights: 19 Weeks

How far along: 19 Weeks Today!  I seriously can't believe it!

(this picture is actually of me at 18 weeks and a few days, but close enough)

Size of Baby: Babies are the size of a large HEIRLOOM TOMATO and weigh about 8.5 ounces.  They measure around 6 inches from head to rump. 

(Picture from Google Images)

Total Weight Gain/Lost: Not sure, but I'm still thinking somewhere around 20 pounds, maybe a bit less.  I have an appointment on Monday with my OB, so I will get an exact weight then. 


Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all the time! I also spend lots of time at home in pajamas and yoga-type pants.


Gender: Baby A is a GIRL (Reese Kathleen) and Baby B is a BOY (Truett Zeldon)


Movement:Still feeling Truett more than Reese.  I wish I would feel them both more!  I love it when it happens!

Sleep: Sleep is getting better, I think.  Most nights, I'm only up 2 or 3 times. 


What I Miss:  Still miss being able to do things for myself, especially around the holidays when so much needs to be done!!  I'm also missing sleeping on my stomach a lot more lately.


Cravings: Wings 'n More BUFFALO WINGS with Ranch!  I've also been craving fruit the last week or so. 


Symptoms: Not too many.  Still get hungry pretty often, and of course the belly is there and growing.  But, I am feeling pretty good most of the time, so I can't really complain much about symptoms.  By the end of the day my back is usually aching but I'm kind of getting used to it.      


Best moment for this week:Starting to register for showers.  I can't believe the time has come, but we've already set one shower date and have another in the works.  Honestly, it makes me a tad nervous to already be registering; it is overwhelming!  I was just telling a friend I wish I could fast forward to about 25 weeks when I know the babies have a chance of survival outside of my womb, and then slow down so I can enjoy the last couple of months of pregnancy. 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Twins-Triplets-Revised/dp/0060542683

    I'm sure someone has recommended this book to you, but just in case, no one has, I'd HIGHLY recommend buying it. I found it SO helpful for me during my twin pregnancy, especially the section on eating and weight gain. I carried our boys to 38 weeks and one of the reasons I believe this to be so (in addition to the grace and love from Christ) was that I ate A LOT in the beginning, so when it was harder to eat at the end of my pregnancy, the babies had the weight I had gained in the beginning to help nourish their growth and development.

    Continued prayers to you and your babies!

    PS-Also, if you ever have any questions , please let me know. It was so helpful to me when I was pregnant to ask others that had been there, so I'd love to do the same for you, if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, you are doing so well! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous. Wow, I need to register and pronto. Any advice you have about what you chose or didn't choose, send it my way. I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!! Loving the 'glow' on your face!! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away, y'all!